Beam Accountancy Ltd is led by Chris Douglass.
Chris started his career by training to be an actuary, but switched to accountancy when he found actuarial work too exciting.
Chris qualified with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants in 1989 and after senior finance roles in the private and public sector he started his own practice in 1991, initially providing tax consultancy to other accountancy firms but then moving to a fully-fledged accountancy practice providing a full range of accounting and tax services to micro businesses and SME’s.
Now the journey in his own words:
When I started my accountancy business I was determined that it would be different to the vast majority of accountancy firms which just process paperwork, produce a set of accounts and then present the client with an invoice.
To me the preparation of the accounts is the start of the process not the end. Accounts only tell you where you have been, crucially you need to decide where you are going and how you will get there and that is when Beam will help you.
If I had to use one word to sum up Beam it would be support.
I know from personal experience that starting-up and then running your own business can be daunting, exciting, depressing and exciting but it is often lonely and this is when you need support.
In addition to the obvious ways of providing support we provide help in a number of different but practical ways. Examples of which are:
- We will always meet you at a date and time that is convenient for you. If this means in the evening or Saturday morning then that is fine.
- We will always meet you at a location that is convenient for you. If this means near your office or home then that is fine.
- At Beam we never find problems in your business – only challenges to be resolved. If we cannot solve the challenge with in-house resources then we have a network of strategic partnership alliances which we will use so if your challenge is commercial finance, equity finance, mortgages, debt, pensions, investments and savings, tax problems, legal advice, wills or anything else we will help you find the solution.
- But we do not just give you a telephone number and name. We will make initial contact with our partner and outline the challenge and we will then remain by your side during the process of finding the solution.
- I will always be your point of contact with Beam and I will always know everything about you, your business and even your family. This means that when you call you will talk to someone who knows you, understands the question and in 95% of cases will be able to give you an immediate answer.
- You will always have my mobile telephone number and it is never switched off.
If this sounds like the type of accountant you would like to work with please contact me, otherwise thank you for taking the time to look at our website.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please call us on +44 (0) 1276 469477 or email